Our recipe for success can be broken down like this.
- Work only for clients who strive to stand out, who challenge the status quo, who aren’t afraid to say “Fuck you” to the latest trends.
- Build bleeding edge, state-of-the-art websites for these chosen clients with the same heart-pounding, jaw-dropping, unapologetic attitude.
ZenPunk combines Buddhist philosophy with the rebellious independence of the punk rock movement. We constantly reinvent the wheel as way of advancing from push carts to rocket ships. We meditate on form, design and the user experience, then blast forth in a fury of creativity and code.
We actively participate in the web development community, staying abreast of the latest technology and best practices, without blindly following the trend of the day. Our goal is to create websites that are fun, innovative, provocative, interactive, immersive and ultimately successful.
- Took first programming class in 1983
- Was on her high school Math Team
- Aced calculus in college
- Started designing websites in 2000
- Started creating custom WordPress templates in 2006
- Once solved a Rubik’s Cube in 38 seconds
- Rides a Honda Magna motorcycle almost everywhere she goes
- Donated her right kidney to a stranger
- Has been sober since July 1996
- Has free-climbed the Papago Buttes in Phoenix, AZ
- Has four tattoos.
- Learned how to pick locks after someone accidentally locked a door that didn’t have a key.
Dharma’s mother was a graphic designer. Her father was a civil engineer. Dharma grew up embracing both the creative and the technical, making her a natural to build websites.
As a kid, she hung out with other geeks and now embraces her identity as an outsider. She considers the status quo to be boring and takes great pleasure in challenging people’s preconceived notions.
Dharma identifies as transgender lesbisexual and has worked toward LGBT and anti-bullying causes for more than 20 years.
- Earned a bachelor’s in biomedical electronics at Southern Illinois University
- Worked as a Biomedical Electronics Technician for Hewlett Packard
- Worked as Technical Solutions Architect for IBM
- Worked as IT Network Manager for PSPRS
- Rides a BMW 1300GT motorcycle and loves to drive fast
- Rides with the Rim Riders motorcycle group
- Has ridden Arizona’s Devil’s Highway several times
- Has ridden more than 1,000 miles in a single day
- Is a rabid fan of P!nk and Sheryl Crow
- Two of her favorite movies include “Prey for Rock n Roll”, about an aging female punk band, and “Tank Girl”, from which she gets her nickname.
Eileen has been taking things apart and putting them back together again (starting with the family toaster) since she was a kid. After serving in the U.S. Marine Corps as an avionics engineer, she moved into biomedical electronics as a civilian and then into IT Network management for IBM.
When she isn’t helping Dharma with network issues, she can either be found riding one of her motorcycles or modifying motorcycle helmet intercom devices. Or cuddling with one of her three kitties. Because you can be badass and still love kitties.
Her nickname Jet Girl comes from one of the characters in the movie “Tank Girl”. Like the character, she knows how to repair aircraft and LOVES going fast.